Step-by-Step Guide to Setup your Mobile App Re-marketing
Re-marketing is the art of getting back what you lost. Other than the social media like Facebook and Twitter, there are two main channels, those dependent on Google networks and those that are independent of this network.
To help you navigate the landscape of mobile app marketing, here is our starting lineup of app re-marketing strategies that are proven to be effective.
To tackle the social media market
The first step is to integrate the Facebook SDK into your app. You must choose the events that you would like to target such as app open, level up, sign up, or log in. Depending on the behaviour of the users, you can use the tag to target your audience.
Register app with Facebook. To do this, go to developers.facebook.com and check that your SDK is working perfectly. Find and click App Insights à Choose App à Select App Events. If the table is showing the events, then the SDK is working fine.
Make custom audience. This is a key step in the Facebook Re-marketing. This is also based on the actions of the users applicable within the app.
Ad Manager à Power Editor à Audiences. This will be in the left menu. Now open Create Audience. This will be on the right side drop-down menu. Click on the Mobile App Custom Audience. Now you are ready to Create Ad.
Set up your AdWords campaign
If you follow the given steps, you will be able to set up the campaign easily.
- First, click on Campaigns.
- Now, click the +Campaign button to create a new campaign.
- Make the option Choose Display Network only after this.
- You will get a new screen. Check the box next to Buy on your website. This will come under Marketing Objectives.
- Set the location. Now, next two steps are Define your bidding strategy and then you should Choose your Budget.
- Give a good name for your Remarketing Ad group. Set the Max CPC bid.
- After you have done with the naming and setting the Max value for the CPC, you come to the Interests and Remarketing.
- You have the Remarketing lists. Click on this and then on the Use Dynamic remarketing ads.
- You have another drop-down menu where you must select Retail.
You must be careful to use the Remarketing tag for your campaign. Click on Set up re-marketing. AdWords will generate a remarketing tag which you need to add to your website. This tag is the piece of code that adds the visitors and customers to your remarketing lists. So, when you have visitors to your site, you can show them these ads. You can also use the Google Analytics tag instead of the AdWords Remarketing tag. But, you must get the permission of the Google Analytics edit.
Do the Media Marketing
You can do the retargeting of the market in four separate ways. Each has its strategies, plus, and minus points.
- Use of mobile
- Using Facebook
- Over the internet
- Dynamic methods of re-targeting
The Google re-marketing code for your mobile app is the first step to take. Go to adwords.google.com and click on Shared Library in the left side menu.
- Choose Set up Remarketing.
- Give your email id to get the remarketing code.
- Use the Tag Manager to add the remarketing code to your mobile app. You can easily integrate multiple codes including the Google Remarketing tags if you integrate the Google Tag Manager in your mobile.
- You must add the remarketing code to the main pages in the mobile app. Adding them to the separate screens in the app will be difficult but possible.
- Choose the in-app action and create the custom remarketing list. You can also use the Google Analytics in apps.
All that remains is to create the Marketing list. This is simple. Go to AdWords Account à Shared Library à Audiences à Create Remarketing List. Now, name the list and define the conditions.
Remarketing is an immensely and effective strategy to consider. It is important to gain new users for your app, but it is equally if not more important to retain who are already there.
About the Author :