Advantages to making the fastest site in the world
Many site owners believe that in order to increase traffic the only thing that they should do is to create a good looking website with great content. While these are undoubtedly excellent ways to increase the number of visitors for the site, there is one more crucial area that site owners need to focus on and that is reducing the loading time for the site. Plenty of sites are actually well made but they fail to get the desired response simply because they take a lot of time to load. This is a serious flaw for any website as any user will not devote too much time waiting for it to open all of its features.
Hosting companies offer space on their servers or even your own dedicated server if you’re willing to pay for it. Factors like uptime, reliability, customer service and site speed play into which company to use. Several WordPress centric hosting companies are Blue Host and Site Ground. Other hosting companies are listed below in a performance chart.
While the speed of the site depends on a number of factors, most of all the internet speed of the user, it definitely helps on the part of the site owner to perform some tests and see whether it is really fast or not. If not, the site owner should make necessary changes to make sure that the site loads as quickly as possible.
There are a number of key advantages of having a fast loading site. Some of them are discussed in brief.
- A fast loading website immediately attracts the attention of the target visitors and creates a positive impression on their minds. It also encourages them to visit the site again at a later period.
- When a site takes less time to load, it also makes it a lot easier for the visitors to use the wide range of features that are available with the site. In other words, it makes the site user friendly.
- Fast loading sites are also ideal for mobile browsing as most mobile users tend to have lower bandwidth rates for their smartphones than their desktops. Moreover, since most people prefer to use their mobiles to browse the internet, stay in touch with others through social media and do online shopping; it always helps to have websites that load fast in mobiles.
- Fast loading websites are also ideal for companies that are looking to have a strong edge over their market competitors.
How to check your website’s speed
To tell whether your website is slow or not, use one of the many free tools out there designed to report just that. Here are several:
- Google’s PageSpeed Insights: Google’s very own tool. Gives mobile and desktop recommendations.
- Pingdom: Useful for all skill levels. Reviews site performance, grades it, and tracks performance history so you can see how your site speed has changed.
- GTmetrix: One of the most popular tools out there. GTmetrix analyzes how well your site loads, checking both PageSpeed and YSlow scores. It also gives suggestions on how to improve the load time.
- YSlow: Grades webpages on how they meet established high-performance guidelines. Also summarizes the different components of the website and allows you to view the analysis, offers advice on how to improve your site. YSlow offers a Chrome extension to test the speed of websites.
My personal favorite is Google’s PageSpeed Insights. It’s easy to use and the results are presented clearly. It also organizes suggestions by “should fix”, “consider fixing”, and “passed rules”.
I also like Pingdom, and will refer to it more later in the article.
Understand that results can vary from tool to tool. This is completely normal since they have differing metrics and are using different places in the world to test the site.
12 Optimization Tips – How to Increase WordPress Website Speed
Now, let’s get on to some ways you can speed up your site and increase your website’s customer appeal.
In the end, speed is just a feature. Before you go to great lengths to make your website fast, make sure it’s useful, too and what other ways or tools or services have you used to improve your site performance?
“For eye-caching fastest websites for your business, reach us“