How Much Does a Mobile App Development Company Cost To Develop A Fitness App?
Given the times we are going through right now, people now more than ever are focusing more on health and fitness. Maintaining health is slowly becoming the number one priority of most people. Such situations prove highly beneficial for people who want to make a big name in today’s competitive world. Along with a mobile app development company, you now have the chance of creating your own fitness app. Not only can you keep people alert, about not missing their workouts, but you can get hands on a rewarding career as well. Want to know how? Take this blog content as a complete guide for starting your own application. After you get the briefing, chances are you would want to start right away with your fitness application idea.
What are the kinds of fitness applications available?
If you think you can start with your fitness app development process as soon as possible, you must take it slow. For instance, it is vital to know the kind of fitness application you want to create. Let’s look at the various types:
- Diet and nutrition application – Everybody for attaining their business goals need to attain a balanced diet. So you can include nutrition and diet as one of your fitness app ideas. With the help of such apps, users can get hold of details like sugar and calorie level, water intake, preference of food dishes, etc. This kind of fitness app Android also functions as a dietician and assists people in following an abstinent diet plan.
- Activity tracking application – You can focus on a fitness app program that focuses on activity tracking as well. These apps are always downloaded by most people as these help in tracking physical actions of an individual such as walking, swimming, running, cycling, jogging, etc. These kinds of applications employ motion sensors in users’ Smartphones along with GPS for tracking & offering reliable data regarding his activities like running, figure of stairs climbed, liquid intake, hours slept, etc. With the data users will also know which activity they need to focus on more.
- Workout apps – Amidst many if you choose the workout app category for your health and fitness app development, then the chances of success are really high. Global app revenue in general has risen to $365.2 billion in the year 2018 to $69.7 billion in the year 2015 which is highly impressive. As per research, these figures are anticipated to treble by the year 2023. So if you are moving forward to developing your own fitness app for Android phone, then you must realize that you are going on the correct path. Different kinds of workout apps include Workout scheduler applications and Personal workout applications.
In your 24*7 fitness app, the technologies you include determines how convenient it will be for users or how much popularity it will gain. Employing these technologies for fitness app development is necessary.
- Authentication – Nexmo & Twilio
- Real-time analytics – Big Data, Cisco, Apache Flink, Hadoop, IBM, Spark, etc
- Programming – GWT
- Operating system – Debian
- Payment gateways – E Wallets, Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, etc
- Data management – Datastax
- Push notifications – Twilio & Push.io
- Database – MongoDB, HBase, Postgres, MailChimp Integration, Cassandra, etc
Finalizing the features
The fitness app competition in the present times is really tough. If you are creating your own, the features of the application need to stand out & must benefit users in a way that they find extremely useful. The features that you must include are:
- User profile – Filling up the detail of user profiles is important. Along with this you must also offer users the liberty of editing their gender, sex, name, weight, height, etc,
- Synchronization of wearable devices – To include such features either you can choose a fitness app builder online or work closely with a fitness app development company as well. The latter always proves to be beneficial till the end. Your application must employ GPS, motion sensors and Bluetooth for syncing with external devices such as personal computers, tablets and wearable gadgets. Users can easily track all their activities with this feature as they use any one device for syncing with the application.
- Geolocation – Are you wondering why you need this feature in your fitness app program? This is because this feature always keeps a keen eye on the directions & routes you walk, run or cycle. You can get hands on a precise location with this feature.
- Payment – While some fitness apps offer services absolutely for free other high end applications charge money from users. However, it is important to realize that expecting monetary value is important while you develop a mobile application. Only then you can attain the ROI and also keep on increasing sales. Customers can send payment via payment gateways. You must offer a multitude of options to users like credit and debit cards, e-wallets, net banking, etc.
- Rewards – When you focus on developing the fitness application for the purpose of the admin side, then including Rewards feature is very important. Some of the most vital promotional tools that you can get hands on for the fitness application are loyalty programs, cashbacks and referral programs. Admin must also have the liberty of opting for other promotional choices like retargeting, push notifications and social sharing.
Time period for fitness application development
The five stages of the entire development process are:
- Designing – This part includes UX as well as UI design.
Approximate time – 60 to 80 hours
Approximate time – 80 to 100 hours
- Documentation – The documentation procedure includes specifications, design prototypes, business analysis, etc.
Approximate time – 50 to 60 hours
- Development stage – This stage incorporates
- Development time for Android platform – 380 to 400 hours
- Development time for front-end tasks – 190 to 200 hours
- Development time for iOS platform – 450 to 480 hours
- Development time for back-end tasks – 350 to 400 hours
- Maintenance & support
Approximate time – 40 to 50 hours
Point to remember – The time duration for developing your fitness application will also fix the cost.
Without learning about the approximate fitness app development cost, you must not start such endeavors. As only when you hire a reputable mobile app development company and developers and programmers as per industry rates, getting hands on quality application is possible. The factors on which the cost of a fitness app depends are:
- Application complexity – You need to choose the complexity level of your fitness application like simple, high-end & medium. The cost of the basic version of an app is less in comparison to the remaining two which are high-end & medium. It is important to select as per the app functionalities & features.
- Application development team – Amidst several factors, this is the one that is largely responsible for assessing the application cost. The team that is necessary for carrying out high quality fitness app development are:
- QA engineers
- Project manager
- iOS application developers
- Web developers
- UX/UI designers
- Requirement analyst
- Android application developers
- Application platform – Android & iOS are the two most employed platforms in the globe. The platform you select largely impacts the application development cost. With the increase in the figure of platforms, the cost will also enhance & it is vice versa as well. This factor also depends on the application development company you pick. It is usually the team of developers that decide the number of platforms they wish to construct and it can be multiple or single.
- Location of the developer team – Along with the appointed mobile app development company, the location of the developer team also influences the app cost. The developer cost varies depending on each country and each region.
- Easter Europe – $30 to $150 per hour
- Australia – $100 to $110 per hour
- India – $10 to $80 per hour
- North America – $150 to $170 per hour
- United Kingdom – $60 to $70 per hour
Hence, the fitness app development cost you can calculate as follows:
Hours required to develop * Application developer cost
To get a hands on user-friendly budget, you can always choose a sound mobile app development company from Eastern Europe or India.
The approximate cost to develop a fitness application thereby will be $20,000 to $30,000 for one platform. In case you opt for one more platform, you will need to bear another $20,000.
You must remember that the cost you witness in this content is an approximate estimate.
The cost can largely vary as per the features & ideology as well.
The brief yet crisp information that you witness in this content can help you think further about your fitness app development endeavors. It is best to take an appointment from a renowned mobile app development company for learning about the business model, revenue, features, quotes, total time required in detail. The experienced teams of such companies work very closely with you to understand the kind of fitness app that can fetch you a huge amount of revenue. Say yes to a rewarding online career with us. Connect with us today.
About the Author :