BUILDING A GPS TRACKING APP EFFICIENTLY
The basic aim of developing a on demand app is to track the real-time location of a person. But this tracking information as well as functionalities of various apps can be transformed and used in many ways across various industries. Some instances of using this app include following:
- GPS location tracking can be used to streamline the fleet management operations. The users of the location tracking apps can offer the drivers with the mapping as well as routing functionalities. Through the GPS tracking app, the user can produce reports along with forwarding warnings, in case of any emergency. In these situations, a GPS location tracking app abolishes the need of buying any handheld electronics supporting GPS.
- GPS tracking, when combined with the time tracking, can help to determine the efficiency as well as performance of employees. In addition to this, the GPS tracking app developer can integrate the automatic reporting with payment, but this depends on extra time the developer has. Thus, this app can stand as an efficient as well as robust management tool.
- The developer can develop a GPS location app for outdoor as well as athletes so that the users can plan their day routes efficiently and get details of the distance they covered.
Factors affecting GPS tracking app development
- The actions of the users as well as their frequency of re-evaluations are conducted with respect to the change in position or location of the user
- Keep a record of location for references.
- Cell-ID, Wi-Fi, Network data, along with GPS can help to provide the data on the location of the users. But it depends on the choices and can be difficult at times because all of them have differences in speed, exactitude, as well as battery efficiency.
These last two factors can lead to unfolding prevalence of the assisted GPS app. This app uses both functions of GPS as well as network data so that the information about the location can be obtained. Google Maps along with other map-related apps utilizes this style as well as recommend the user to connect their device to network data for getting an enhanced location positioning.
If the customers of GPS apps happen to be iOS users, then the developer needs to compare Core Location Framework with the related APIs. It will help the developer to identify the status of the app’s user along with his/her direction, design, as well as plan the delivery of place as well as manage events, creating the geofence if there is any such requirement making sure that the app works well with iBeacons.
Developing a GPS application for Android users
There are two different approaches for receiving the information about the location of the user. These approaches are well compatible with Android platform.
- Utilizing Google Play services location APIs
- Utilizing Android framework location APIs
If GPS tracking app has to be developed, the developer needs to remember some points which require a special attention:
- Optimum application performance. There are applications that can greatly heat the smartphone while operating. The reason is sometimes hidden in non-optimal algorithms for processing data collected from sensors or the lack of methods for caching and filtering information. That’s why it’s so important to hire development experts who really know how to create a GPS location app at a high professional level.
- Interface design. The geolocation app of any format will display a large amount of information at different zoom levels. The designers should conduct several iterations of Usability testing in order to make sure that the GPS tracking app development leads to the desired result.
- Quality assurance. Emulation of the location is not always able to find weaknesses and possible errors in mobile services. Therefore, QA engineers have to conduct many test scenarios in real operating conditions.
In fact, GPS apps are counted in those providing geolocation services and whose functions solely base on the location data of the user.
GPS Apps having notifications in certain locations
Such apps are very effective for planning loyalty programs in different companies. For instance, a geolocation service can provide the users an opportunity to gain points when they visit certain locations. And then later these earned points can be used to avail some discount or some gift coupons.
So, if a person has a chain of shops, restaurants, pharmacies, and wants to do promotion of one of those outlets, he/she should opt for the GPS tracking app development.
GPS Apps for finding various places and availing various services
Few examples of the apps which need geolocation service include Zomato and Foursquare. The apps allow the users to go through the various offers of the nearby restaurants. With these apps, it becomes easy for both the owners of the place to dine and for businessmen who need the creation of GPS location app for earning through advertisements, and getting paid exclusive features
Using the geolocation feature for developing GPS tracking apps.
1. Transport services
There is an ongoing competition between transport companies. This competition is increasing with the increase in time. That’s why a developer should search for new opportunities to grow the business as well as lower the costs. Today, one of the emerging opportunities is to develop GPS tracking app for transportation & logistics business.
A GPS-enabled app plays an important role in:
- Taxi services. It is because of the geolocation feature in the app that the dispatchers can easily track the location of the taxi. The customer booking a taxi now has a chance to check the number of nearby cars, and the distance of those from his/her location. If any such business which is related to the taxi service, the owner of the business needs to get a GPS app.
- Shipping and courier delivery. Because of GPS tracking apps, one can easily and effectively track the cargo transportation, check the delivery of goods, and track location as well as speed of the vehicles in real-time.
2. Content related to a certain location
Here, it refers to those apps whose content is available only in certain locations. For instance, SnapChat app offers its users the feature of Geo filters which helps in making the snaps supplemented with some specific pattern, specifically, for a certain location. There are many brands which take advantage of it to promote their services. For instance, McDonald’s has an excellent set of Geo filters which the users of Snap Chat can enjoy simultaneously dining in the establishment.
3. Caution about dangerous situations
The developer can create a location app which can help to send notifications to the users about possible dangerous situation near them. This geolocation service collects negative news as well as report the people about their immediate safety measures.
4. Automate tasks
People really love it when some other person performs the boring and monotonous routine actions on their behalf because there are various actions which are associated with certain locations. So, the app with geolocation services is likely to be in great demand, and it will beneficial for the developer to create such apps (that is, GPS tracking app development), because it can turn out to be a good source of profit.
There are some examples of such apps that already exist, like Trigger application. This app helps to send the notifications to the person who is leaving office in evening. The interface of this app is user-friendly with the disadvantage that it is compatible only with Android OS.
5. Recreation as well as entertainment
Thinking about how to build a GPS location apps if you want to provide people with a service that will help them to have a more effective rest. Such an application will tell users what restaurants they should visit nearby, which stores around them are offering discounts right now, where there is a sale, etc. This is a very promising area, believe us.
Arousing Consumer interest in the GPS location app development:
Expanding the boundaries
Earlier, any individual would have to demonstrate to others his/her identity through his/her page in any social network. But this information was of “static” nature. With the introduction of the geolocation feature, it has become a trend of logical as well as improved continuation. Because of this, the user can feel “dynamism”. Now he/she can provide more information about his/her daily routine, lifestyle, and social status.
High involvement of the users in the process of recommendations, assessments, and ranking
Today, almost all the successful businesses use geolocation services to a particular extent while interacting with the customers so that they can help them in generating independent content. Along with this, the users have freedom to create various geolocation marks so as to achieve an exclusive social status or to gain more points. This mechanism is very powerful and growing viral.
Any typical customer would appreciate the great advantages of location apps, like an opportunity to get the recommendations, tips, as well as hints from nearby people who have already availed that service. So, a GPS-based app development is expanding its range for influencing the users. Instead of casually informing the user about the nearby happenings, these GPS-based apps are turning out to be a discount searching tool.